Thursday, April 29, 2010

Faith

People ask me a lot, "how come you are so strong in your faith?"  It is quite simple.  Faith is all we have.  My faith in Jesus is strong because He is strong.  Jesus is constant.  Nothing else of this earth is constant.  It will either fade or die.  Jesus and God's Word is the only thing that is a constant in my life for as long as I will live.  There are some people that I know that question my beliefs to why I believe in something so strongly that I cannot see.  Quite simple.  You believe in wind right...can you see it?  No, but you can feel it.  We cannot "see" God because he is not ready for us to see Him because he is so worthy and bright that we would die if we saw him.  Just because I don't see him, I believe in Him because I feel Him.  He is ALIVE!  And I will see Him when He calls me home one day.  By no means am I pefect.  We all sin and that includes me.  But growth in Christ focuses on asking for forgiveness and repenting.  We should be thankful that our Lord is such a forgiving Father!  So yes, my faith is built on someone that I have never seen, but my faith is built on pure FACT!  God's Word is the only proof that we need...I need.  He talks to us through His Word.  He may not talk to us like He did with Samuel, but he does speak to us.  We just have to open our hearts, pray, and read His Word, and He will speak.  That is my reasoning on my faith.  God has never led me wrong.  He is always there to help me through the trials that are brought my way.  He blessed me with an amazing husband and four kids.  Why question Him?  I am not ever going to.  He is my Savior!  He is my Rock!  And I look forward to my growing relationship with Him.

Til Fingers meet Keyboard,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment