Thursday, July 29, 2010

It is funny who Satan can use to try to make you stumble

After receiving an email, I thought "wow, God has answered prayer!"  Well, I was wrong.  I am so disappointed.  I decide to call and express my appreciation but, nope.  Evidently I was supposed to just be quiet on the end of the phone and agree to everything...nope don't think so.  I am not going to get into this measly stuff.  Why you ask...well I am going to rise above this negativity and not fall into Satan's trap.  This battle is being fought by my amazing Lord!  It is a petty, stupid battle that just deals with the worse of all evil MONEY!  See...petty!  So, I just need to focus on fighting the only battle we should fight and that is against Satan and his schemes with our Lord Jesus on our side.  My main priorities is my life with Christ, my husband and children, and others around me.  I am blessed beyond belief, and no one and I mean NO ONE can ruin my happiness.  Happiness is a choice.  And I choose to be happy, and luckily it isn't hard!  I have so many things in my life that make me happy...things being my Lord, husband, children, family, and friends!  Nothing else in this world gives you happiness.  I, unlike others, don't let anger and bitterness rule over me.  Why, because that is making Satan happy due to the fact holding on to grudges and those things makes the Lord despised!  I don't know about everyone, and I can only speak about myself, but I live for the Lord.  I walk with the Lord.  That is what I am here for.  I teach my children not only their education, but also the difference between what is right and wrong, and to walk the narrow path with Christ!  To repeat, I will not fight this petty battle with yall!  I am giving it to my Lord and just praying for yall.  My battle is against Satan and his evil schemes that try to make me stumble.  I can sleep well at night because I know that I did everything in my power to abide by my Book of Instruction (the Bible) and followed God's Word.  I can also sleep well because I know my husband and children are happy here and are very well taken care of.  There is no stress over here because when we are all together, it is about family time and sharing love and the Word of God.  We don't focus on anything else. 

To close:

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does. If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” James 1:19-27




“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.” James 1:12

Til Fingers Meet Keyboard,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment