Thursday, September 16, 2010

The storms in life

No one has ever said "life is easy." Why, because it isn't.  Storms come through our daily life on a continuous cycle.  They may come in sprinkles or as a tornado with torrential floods and hail.  However, that does not determine "our life" as we see it.  Yes, those storms can be minor or severe.  But what matters is how we handle the storms.  Do we build our "shelter" on the sand under a pine tree and watch the storms wash us away time and time again?  Some people do.  However, we refuse to.  We build our "shelter" on the rock under God's umbrella!  No matter how many storms come our way and their severity, we stay together and we conquer because my God is AWESOME!  I have storms dealing with certain people, but I don't let their negativity, anger, or resentment (and plain just meanness) bring me down.  My weapon is praying for them daily.  My prayers haven't been answered yet for them, but in God's time it will happen.  I will remain friendly and Christ like and turn the other cheek and not allow them to make me stumble.  There are also big storms that have hit us.  It is all over the papers now if you read them, Dublin Police Department are getting rid of two officers due to the "budget", Chris being one of them.  (Keep Dublin in your prayers!  It is a rough town.  Chris said it was worse than San Antonio!  There is so much gang activity in Dublin and I pray for the citizens' safety.  Dublin is in no way like it used to be when I went to school there.  And getting rid of 2 officers is just taking the extra security away from the citizens.  They need our prayers!)   Are we letting that get us down?  Heck no!  It is all in God's plan!  God brought him home to us giving him a job at the Dublin Police Department so he can be home with his family.  Answered prayer!  Yes, the door is shutting on September the 29th.  Are we discouraged?  Heck no!  When God closes one door, He opens another.  Will it be today, tomorrow, or next month?  I have no idea, but God will place Chris where he is supposed to be.  Here?  Washington D.C.? Alaska?  Who knows, but we will be where God wants us.  I have no worries or doubt in life because my God provides in every way we need.  Like I said, when these storms hit us, we stay dry.  Trust me, my Savior's umbrella is HUGE!  And there is plenty of room under His umbrella.  You just need to have the faith and let Christ take care of your problems and just build your life on the Rock!  Read your Bible daily, pray daily, have a relationship with Jesus, live the Word, and have all of your faith wrapped up in Christ!  It is the best decision, and the most important decision, you will ever make for yourself and your family.  Without Christ we are nothing. 

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."  Philippians 4:13

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need and thank Him for all He has done."  Philippians 4:6

And to end, I will leave with a quote that I probably will end up misquoting lol...so I am just going to write it the way I want to (or remember it to be lol)

Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big and mighty your God is!!!!! 

Til Fingers Meet Keyboard,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment