Don't you just love the New Year???!!! I sure do! It is a time for a fresh start. Of course like others, I have my resolutions. Of course it is to lose weight lol...isn't that a common one with pretty much everyone :) Already in the process of that. My husband bought me an elliptical for Christmas and I LOVE IT!!! I am on that thing for at least 2 hours each and every day! Of course dieting. And it isn't hard for me. I love veggies and chicken and of course tilapia :) So pretty much an easy one. Another resolution of mine is to grow my current awesome relationship with my Lord! I am loving spending time with my Heavenly Father. I love doing my devotionals, reading the Word, and constantly communicating with Him. And last but not least...my last resolution is to not let people get to me. They can judge all they want and talk, however, it will NOT effect me. They can attack and bully me any day, however my retaliation is quite simple and the best ammo ever...PRAYER! So you can count on me praying for them continuously! Hopefully they will change. If not, I prayed and that is all I can do. I have tried to do everything in my power to help and work with them, but it in the long run is just plain exhausting. Like the old saying tells...you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Anywho--we had an amazing Christmas with all of the family gathered together! We are so blessed and I can't see my life or my family's life without them. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
So--other than the update, I wanted to share one of my recent devotionals with y'all. It is one of those that I will quote the entirety of it because it is so meaningful and I feel led to share. Don't know with who exactly, however I know God laid it on my heart to do so, and I will obey.
The devotional is entitled The Master Builder. It was written by Joyce Meyer.
"For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything." Hebrews 3:4
"God is the Master Builder. Jesus is the Chief Cornerstone. God is the one who has to build us and equip us for the work of the Lord Jesus Christ. In Philippians 1:6 the apostle Paul writes to assure us, 'He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.' What he was saying to us is simply this: 'It was God who started this work in you, and it is God who will finish it!' That means we should leave God alone to do His work. We need to stay our of His business and mind our own. There are certain things only God can do. We are to do our part and let Him do His. We are to handle our responsibility but cast our care on Him. We are to confess our sins and failures to the Lord, confident that He will forgive us of those sins and failures and cleanse us from all unrighteousness, as He has promised in His Word. ('If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.' 1 John 1:9) We are to trust to Him the job of perfecting us for the work He has for us to do in this life. That takes the pressure off of us, which relieves us of the worry and anxiety we feel so often as we try to perfect ourselves."
WOW! I love this message. We tend to get wrapped up in everything that the world deals to us, and forget that it is dealt to us for a reason! Believe it or not, there IS a reason for EVERYTHING...whether a loss of a job, a death in the family, a friendship demolished, a divorce, a pregnancy, sickness, etc... I believe Jesus allows these things to happen to bring us closer to Him. We tend to forget that He is the Maker, the Fixer, the Helper, etc... We tend to rely on ourselves and not on Him. Why do we want to bring on all those stresses and burdens when Jesus is holding His hands out to us begging for us to hand over the heavy load to Him. All in all, we have to trust Him. And in all honesty...why the heck wouldn't we??? I am flabbergasted by people not trusting in Him. Look at all He has done...with Creation, sending His Son to walk on the earth, all the miracles, His death on the cross, His resurrection, (and I can go on and on and on)...Trust God! He made you special. Do you honestly think He would let anything happen to you? No! You are His child. We are His children. Let Him do His work and sit back and just obey what He commands. He loves us more than we can even fathom! So in closing, make a resolution...TRUST JESUS! What do you have to lose? I can answer that for you...You have NOTHING TO LOSE! You have EVERYTHING TO GAIN!!
Til Fingers Meet Keyboard,
Lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment