Monday, April 16, 2012

Haven't blogged in a long time

Wow!  I can't believe it has been so long since I have blogged!  So many things have been going on that we have been super busy.  Homeschooling is still going great!  Counting this week we have 6 more weeks of school.  Then this summer I am starting early since we are going on our big family trip to Disney in December.  We are all looking forward to it!  The kids are all counting down the days...I believe the count is like 230 something days now lol.  I may be wrong since I personally don't have a counter for it lol. 

Dereck is doing amazing in school.  Can't believe he is about to be an 8th grader!  Plus he will be 13 in August!  Oh my goodness!!!  I am about to be a parent of a teenager!  Wow!  He is also doing very well in football.  He will be starting this upcoming season for the Faith Knights.  His coaches have said he has improved tremendously.  I am a very proud mom! 

Alyssa is doing amazing in school.  She has still kept her straight A's on all of her report cards.  She is such a perfectionist when it comes to grades.  I guess she got that from me lol.  I remember when I would get a B on a paper or homework, I would freak out!  Well she does the same thing.  But she is very proud of her straight A's!  (And of course so am I :)  )  She just turned 10 years old!  I can't not believe she is now in the double digits!  It just feels like yesterday that she was the preemie that I was feeding around the clock lol.  She will be in 5th grade and with our homeschool group, they let 5th graders be junior high cheerleaders.  She is soooooo excited!  She is just waiting to hear when her cheer camp will be.  Never thought I would be a cheerleader's mom, but now I am.  Sticker on my car and everything :)

James is doing great in school.  He is my science class lover!  If it is about animals...he's all in!  He is always watching Netflix learning about sharks and always watching Animal Planet.  He told me yesterday that he wants to be a zoologist.  I thought that was fantastic news :)  He is great with animals and I think that is right up his alley.  He is just ready for us to get some bulls on the ground so he can help out with them and even get on them.  (I'll fill you in on the bulls in a bit).  He is our little cowboy.  And I am proud of my little man.

Izzy is just a hoot when it comes to school.  She is just so ready to go on to 1st grade so she can have school books like her siblings.  She is breezing through Kindergarten.  I am having to slow her down just a bit lol.  She is so inpatient.  She is my 6 year old that is full of sass and ready for anything.  Even having some "drama queen" on the side lol.  She is ready to be like her big sister and cheer but she has quite a few years to go. 

Chris is doing great!  We were scared that he was going to end up having to have a total knee replacement...but finally, after tons of answered prayer, his knee is improving!  He is still going to physical therapy three times a week.  We are hoping and praying that his knee continues to improve so we can push off the total knee replacement as long as possible.  Thank you all for the prayers!  We greatly appreciate them! 

Now...I am doing fantastic!  With school and being a SAHW&M, I rarely have much time to do anything.  Am I complaining...heck no.  I love my life!  God is and has blessed me abundantly!  I am so thankful!  I also started a new diet plan called Ideal Protein.  It is AMAZING!  I weigh in at my doctor every Friday morning.  I had my last weigh in this past Friday.  In two weeks, I have lost 12 pounds and 10 total inches!  Whoo hoo!  Plus I feel so much better and I am full of energy!  Never ever in my life, did I ever think, I would like dieting!!!  But I do!

Now, to the bulls.  My husband has started a business called Rocking CW Bucking Bulls.  We have hundreds of bull semen from amazing bulls that are in the PBR.  As soon as the lease is up on our land, Chris is going to be getting some bulls on the ground.  This is going to be a family business.  We are going to have the kids involved as well.  We will be raising these bulls that we inseminate and training them to buck.  We will take them to rodeos and hopefully we can make them pro :)  And when we are old and grey, we will leave the business to our children so they can continue it.  I know I didn't say much about it...but I'll explain more later.  It is now time for me to go back to teaching.  Science class here I come :)

Til Fingers Meet Keyboard,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment